Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I was quite surprised and pleased to be "TAGGED" by a dear newfound friend who I admire, Crystal of Kizzdesigns. You must read the ten fun and interesting things she listed about herself. http://kizzdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/08/unvieling-awards-stuff.html Crystal specializes in unique, handmade, one-of -a-kind jewelry http://www.artfire.com/users/kizzdesigns and she was one of our INK-FAVES http://blog.inkwellalley.com/2009/07/26/this-little-piggy-went-to-market-2.aspx Now I know most people may not like being "tagged", but actually it gave me an opportunity to chill for awhile instead of running crazy... Whew, so finally, I'm sitting down and must think of 10 bizarre or interesting facts about myself. 1. My full name is Shirley Bass, with the pseudonym (pen name) Audrey. 2. My mom just passed away on January 28, 2008; this moment has really changed my life. New endeavors are ahead, and I can't wait to share them when they get a little closer. 3. My grandmother was born on Mother's Day which was her birthday, and had my mother on Mother's Day which was her birthday, and my grandmother died on Mother's Day which was her birthday and my mother's birthday... 3. I've been married forever...and have two children; everyone spoils me and treats me like a queen! I like that part :) 4. My first cat's name was Sims! I loved him lots, and there will never be another cat quite like him! He could open doors with his paws. 6. I am the art director at Augusta Magazine where I have worked for 11 years. I try not to color in the lines. 7. We have lived in South Carolina for 12 years; moved from Upstate NY...very country. My parents farmed...I said I would never marry a farmer. When I was dating my husband, I never asked him what he did for a living...after about three months--when I was already interested in keeping him around, I found out that he farmed. I guess it wasn't so bad... 8. I don't miss the snow of Upstate NY but I do miss the summers and the countryside. I miss my house in the country. 9. Bargain hunting, garage sales, estate sales, anything where I can feel like I'm Nancy Drew on a scavenger hunt. 10. I have a porche but I prefer my old 92 Chevy Pickup! Extra. I love to laugh and make people laugh. Everyone says I'm crazy. That's OK cuz' I have a lot of fun!

So now I'll tag ten interesting people who I know will have lots of fun stuff to tell us about themselves. 1.boylerpf 2. patti trostle fine art/ 3. claudia finn artist/4. anita rae of allie cates 5. paperwerks 6. peg of bistro305/ 7. claudia finn/ 8. joanne/9. am lindsey of indiestyleblog/10. addictedtobooks/

I hope ya'll have fun; it'll be great to find out something new about you! Audrey (sbass)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Audrey for the tag. It was a real joy reading about your life experiences! Love your blog. Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these memes where you can really get to know who is behind the writing! Thanks for the "tag" and I'll be posting the 10 interesting facts, altho I'm not THAT interesting..LOL! I laughed at your trying not to color in the lines and marrying a farmer...you just never know when the right guy pops up...one of those never say never lines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley! thanx for taking my tag! Loved finding out this info about you.....farming....hhmmm what can we say about it...now that we don't..i miss it. Sorry for the loss of you mom last year. I can only imagine how life changing that would be. You are very interesting...and busy!
    PSST...if you'd rather have the Chevy pickup....can i borrow your porche? LOL
    Crystal from KIZZ

    ReplyDelete

About Us

Two cubicle neighbors with pizzazz and their own personal, but highly similar, set of of innate complexities find refuge in this alley of creative musings. So pull up a chair, join in, as we--artist and writer--share our spin on the world, art, literary pursuits and the seemingly miniscule, daily occurrences that become larger than life.

WHAT'S NEW: Follow Friday!

Feature Friday--Each Friday! Inkwell Alley is a growing neighborhood and every Friday, one of our followers will be featured with a short bio about their work. We love to make our avid readers feel at home, so relax and enjoy reading about who's springin' up on Inkwell Alley. Don't miss as we continue to update our blog with many new features. Monica and Sbass hope you enjoy your walk down Inkwell Alley! >>Last Week: karilynnlove >>Previous Weeks: June, also known as Isewcute

Friends of INKWELL ALLEY

Friends of INKWELL ALLEY
Vintage Petals