Thursday, August 27, 2009

Feature Friday: Debra Weiss


Audrey of Inkwell Alley: I love doing the "Feature Friday", because it gives me the opportunity to get to know more about the multi-faceted people that inspire all of us to continue toward our goals. During the past few weeks, Monica has been chatting with Debra Weiss, a freelance writer living on the East Coast. Debra is a talented writer with a passion to follow her dreams even when faced with "life's storms". She is truly a person that inspires, because she continues to follow her heart and persevere even when it may not be easy. In her blog, I came across something that she wrote, "When we hurt, God is right there beside us. Sometimes we don't see him but He's there. Going through the pain with us. Every tear we've cried, God has seen. Every time our heart's been broken, God's heard the sound." This really touched my heart, because I have found that through every circumstance, you will learn something new. Your hopes and desires for your life will become even more apparent. I found it interesting that Debra is not only a freelance writer but also a web designer and editor. She has the best of all worlds--being creative, being able to write, to edit, to mastermind new ideas... and mostly, a great sense of humor -- as she adds, "when she's not writing, she can usually be found eating chocolate at her blog: http://www.debraweiss.net/." Debra agreed to share a few fun details about herself; we hope you enjoy!
Five Fun Factoids About Me (Debra)
>> I love chocolate.
From M&Ms and Kit-Kats to Dove Bars, I have always loved the feeling of chocolate melting in my mouth.
>> I have a rare medical condition called Dysautonomia. It means that my autonomic nervous system malfunctions and doesn't control my heart rate or breathing like it should. My heart rate will go low then high then back to low. It's a pretty interesting condition. You can learn more about it here: http://www.dynakids.org/what.jsp
>> I've been writing since I was seven years old. I write both non-fiction and fiction. One day I hope to be on the New York Times Best-Selling List. (If you're gonna dream, dream big right?)
>> Fall is my favorite season. I love watching all the changes taking place like the falling leaves, the cooler air and sipping hot chocolate while writing.
>> I run Novelist's Café.com (http://www.novelistscafe.com/) where writers can come for daily inspiration. Stop in and leave a comment sometime.

Thanks again for this cool opportunity! : ) Debra
photos courtesy of www.usa-fallfoliage.com and m&m.com Intro written by Audrey of Inkwell Alley; Debra Weiss wrote Five Fun Factoids as well as copy for eating chocolate at blog. Inkwell Alley really appreciates your support and would like to thank Debra for being a part of our Feature Friday!

4 comments:

  1. What an inspirational woman! Thanks for such a great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was awesome! Thanks so much for featuring me! :)

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Inkwell Alley:

    I gave you a Kreativ Blogger Award.

    Check out my blog for more info:

    http://janmarkley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently discovered Debra and have really enjoyed reading her blog. I also enjoyed finding out these factoids about her. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

About Us

Two cubicle neighbors with pizzazz and their own personal, but highly similar, set of of innate complexities find refuge in this alley of creative musings. So pull up a chair, join in, as we--artist and writer--share our spin on the world, art, literary pursuits and the seemingly miniscule, daily occurrences that become larger than life.

WHAT'S NEW: Follow Friday!

Feature Friday--Each Friday! Inkwell Alley is a growing neighborhood and every Friday, one of our followers will be featured with a short bio about their work. We love to make our avid readers feel at home, so relax and enjoy reading about who's springin' up on Inkwell Alley. Don't miss as we continue to update our blog with many new features. Monica and Sbass hope you enjoy your walk down Inkwell Alley! >>Last Week: karilynnlove >>Previous Weeks: June, also known as Isewcute

Friends of INKWELL ALLEY

Friends of INKWELL ALLEY
Vintage Petals